In an effort to keep you informed of the week’s events, each Sunday we gather the best of what the news had to offer, as well as provide some of our staffers’ thoughts and opinions on what’s going on within the video game industry. It’s the GameSided Recap!
- Daniel continues to simulate the 2013 MLB Postseason with the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox. Click on Game 1, Game 2, Game 3 and Game 4 for each individual simulation.
- Nick looks back at the life and times of the Nintendo Wii as Japanese production of the console finally ceases.
- Michael looks into the innovative way NBA Live 14 handles ball dribbling.
- Sega prepares for some upcoming mobile gaming content.
- The Batman: Arkham Origins devs released 17 minutes of gameplay video and released a TV spot ahead of release.
- Super Mario 3D World gameplay footage looks like pure, innocent fun.
- FIFA 14 next-gen gameplay trailer is released, showing you just how spectacular sports gaming can look.
- Telltale Games will announce Season 2 details for their The Walking Dead game this Tuesday.
- Sony has announced the contents of their Day 1, 300 MB software update for the PlayStation 4.
- GTA V “Beach Bum” Content Pack coming this November.
- Is the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3DS coming next May?
- Titanfall might not stay next-gen exclusive on the Xbox One permanently. Speaking of, Titanfall drops March 11, 2014.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall has gone gold.
- In TV commercials: PS4 strikes first with, “For The Players,” while Xbox One retaliates with, “Invitation.“
- PS4 online shopping interest more than doubles that in comparison to Xbox One, Compete reports.
- BioShock Infinite “Burial at Sea” Episode 1 DLC arrives on November 12.
- Ouya is coming to Target stores near you.
- Check out what games are being released this week (includes Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and more).
GameSided Question Of The Week
Which next-gen game are you most excited for?
PSA: Gamesided is looking for writers to join the staff as the next generation of gaming approaches. Our writers have to ability to express their passion for gaming to hundreds of thousands of people world-wide audience. They also get chances to review the latest games before they are released to the public. If interested in becoming part of the Gamesided staff, contact Daniel George at [email protected]!