Unless your name is Hideo Kojima, making a trailer for a stealth video game has to sacrifice some of the core mechanics of the game to pander to the action diehards that just might check it out after all. Sneaking around and being quiet is really hard to sell in game trailers when the concensus has tailored towards huge Michael Bay action explosions. That’s why it’s not too concerning that the latest Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer, focusing on the upgrades to Adam Jensen’s body, shows a more action-oriented angle to the game.
More from Trailers
- Dark Souls 3 Looks Like Bloodborne In New Trailer
- The Uncharted 4 Story Trailer Is Just Breathtakingly Beautiful
- Street Fighter V TV Spot Shows Capcom’s Faith In FGC
- Far Cry Primal Receives Two New Juicy Trailers
- Warcraft Movie Trailer Is Improved By Warcraft II Sound Effects
Despite living in a world that separates the lives of natural humans and mechanically altered entities, Adam Jensen brings justice to humanity with a bevy of impressive tools in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. On his right arm, a cannon shoots energy projectiles, including a close-range push of energy. Over the knuckles of his left hand are small beams of high-velocity shockwaves, capable of incapacitating multiple attackers at once even around corners. Over on the right forearm, a thin baton-like sheet of metal can launch towards enemies, hooking them right onto solid and makeshift walls.
It’s clear that in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Adam Jensen is built up to be some sort of walking, cool guy line-speaking badass with almost supernatural powers. It will be interesting to see if gameplay mechanics have been altered to tailor more towards action/stealth action movements, or if we’ll see ghost-like abilities closer to the game’s launch next year. Perhaps Jensen has to be thrust into the fray, never truly asking for this outcome?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will launch on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2016.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: firstname.lastname@example.org.