Late yesterday, during what was a terrible first half of Monday Night Football, Disney released the final Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer live during the halftime show. Not too long afterwards, both ticket sales went online and the trailer was uploaded to the Star Wars Youtube channel. Unless you are not one of the first 9 million views this video has received (at press time), you should know from repeat watchings just how much some of these aerial battles look like Star Wars Battlefront, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see what scenes from the film are recreated in future DLC.
More from Trailers
- Dark Souls 3 Looks Like Bloodborne In New Trailer
- The Uncharted 4 Story Trailer Is Just Breathtakingly Beautiful
- Street Fighter V TV Spot Shows Capcom’s Faith In FGC
- Far Cry Primal Receives Two New Juicy Trailers
- Warcraft Movie Trailer Is Improved By Warcraft II Sound Effects
The trailer opens up with Rey scavenging the wreckage of a Star Destroyer, host of what will be an intense battle in the Battle of Jakku. Though we don’t see the conflict that propels Finn in his Tie Fighter towards Jakku, him and Rey eventually meet up with Han Solo on the Millenium Falcon after an intense chase through the aforementioned Star Destroyer wreckage. Making the jump to light speed, we see at least two grand-scale battles take place between the First Order and the Resistance. One of them takes place over a lake, while the other appears to take place on the snowy planet home to the Starkiller base.
With a $50 Season Pass for Star Wars Battlefront, you better hope that we get to see these two grand battles make an appearance by the time all DLC development is over. Not to suggest that the writing or filming for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was tailored towards getting more multimedia content going, but considering how the first non-teaser trailer for the movie still leaves so many questions unanswered, I wouldn’t be surprised if these locations don’t make an appearance in the video game companion.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will arrive in theatres on December 18th (December 17th if you’re lucky), while Star Wars: Battlefront will launch for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One on November 17th.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: firstname.lastname@example.org.