In a shocking move that will disrupt the very fabric of what we know as a Fallout commercial, the recent release of a Fallout 4 live action trailer does not feature the music of The Ink Spots. I repeat: this trailer’s choice of backing track does not want to set the world on fire, maybe, nor does it remind us that it is a sin to tell a lie. Instead, it takes us close to 20 years in the future from The Ink Spots’ time, going with 1961 track The Wanderer by Dion.
More from Trailers
- Dark Souls 3 Looks Like Bloodborne In New Trailer
- The Uncharted 4 Story Trailer Is Just Breathtakingly Beautiful
- Street Fighter V TV Spot Shows Capcom’s Faith In FGC
- Far Cry Primal Receives Two New Juicy Trailers
- Warcraft Movie Trailer Is Improved By Warcraft II Sound Effects
For the most part, the live action trailer puts the viewer in the place of the lone survivor from Vault 111, just like the story of Fallout 4 suggests. What was a once peaceful town is destroyed by the dropping of a nuclear bomb, destroying civilization as we know it. With nowhere to go and only with a companion, Dogmeat, to accompany him, our hero becomes The Wanderer. He’s certainly not fearful of anything if his slow, methodical stroll-and-shoot approach towards incoming super mutant is of any indication. Welcome home, indeed.
The promotion of this Fallout 4 trailer doesn’t do much for the interested fan. It shows a more realized version of the computer-generated actions we’ve seen at E3 2015 and in other trailers. It’s perfect to capture the attention of someone on TV, watching it as a commercial. It can easily be cut down to 30 seconds in order to showcase what the game’s about to the casual viewer, maybe one who has stepped away from gaming for a while. A perfect reminder that a new Fallout game exists, and it contains what former players love from the series.
Fallout 4 will launch on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One on November 10.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: email@example.com.