In an effort to keep you informed of the week’s events, each Sunday we gather the best of what the news had to offer, as well as provide some of our staffers’ thoughts and opinions on what’s going on within the video game industry. It’s the GameSided Recap!
- Nick reviews Star Wars: Tiny Death Star, a mobile Star Wars-themed re-imagining of Tiny Tower.
- Daniel rounds up the varied reviews of Call of Duty: Ghosts. Somebody even gave the game a 5/10!
- Chris previews Need For Speed Rivals, as well as look at the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
- A Gran Turismo 6 trailer has been released, as well as the complete list of cars.
- Some lucky people have gotten to test the Xbox One dashboard using Kinect’s voice controls. It takes some getting used to.
- Check here for all the basketball gaming links: Real voices in NBA 2K14, NBA Live 14 Demo coming out on November 19th (after the PS4 launch), NBA 2K14 The Park Mode, NBA Live 14 ESPN presentation, and finally, NBA 2K14 will have PS4-exclusive content.
- Knack is more than your traditional single player character action game. Our preview looks at remote play co-op, content and a mobile gaming app.
- We look at all of the details about PlayStation-exclusive MLB 14: The Show. It looks good so early in development!
- Finally, let’s look at a commercial for Super Mario 3D World.
- Let’s look at the PlayStation 4 games being released with the console this week.
- It looks like the Always Online/24 hour online check-in DRM will not be returning to the Xbox One in the future.
- Metal Gear Solid V will break into 2 games, the first being Ground Zeroes that will release in Spring 2014.
- World of Warcraft’s newest expansion “Warlords of Draenor” has been announced, along with exapnsion details.
- From the same company at Activision Blizzard, Hearthstone will enter open beta next month and release iPhone and Android phone versions of the game in 2014.
- Compare and contrast the Xbox One entertainment apps within the launch window and the PS4′s digital entertainment apps available Day 1.
- The Xbox One can read QR codes very quickly using the Kinect.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts lifted the final scene from Modern Warfare 2 frame-by-frame.
- Fulgore will be the 8th and final character released from Killer Instinct Season 1.
- GTA Online has realeased a new patch, will begin to hand out stimulus package of in-game money.
- Extra Life raised $3.7 million despite a DDos attack aimed at the network centre that hosted the website.
- Interesting developments have come out of Valve’s Steam Machine, including policies about not making their games platform exclusive.
- World of Tanks has announced bonuses and discounts for this Veteran’s Day/Remembrance Day weekend.
GameSided Recap Question Of The Week
Do you plan on picking up a PS4 this upcoming week?
PSA: Gamesided is looking for writers to join the staff as the next generation of gaming approaches. Our writers have to ability to express their passion for gaming to hundreds of thousands of people world-wide audience. They also get chances to review the latest games before they are released to the public. If interested in becoming part of the Gamesided staff, contact Daniel George at [email protected]!