Eurogamer has confirmed that following the closure of publisher Midnight City, the critically acclaimed PC adventure game Gone Home is not coming to consoles.
More from Indie
- The Witness Is Also ESRB Rated For Xbox One
- Inaugural Emotional Game Awards Dish Out Nominees
- Pat Robertson Proclaims Undertale Evil, Suggests A Wholesome Game
- Coffin Dodgers Heads To Current-Gen Consoles In 2016
- Development Team Formed At Game Jam Enjoys Local Success
Gone Home developer Fullbright’s co-founder, Steve Gaynor told Eurogamer: “Our publishing deal with Majesco has ended, and the console version is not in active development.”
I will say I was really excited to try out Gone Home and see what all the buzz was about. This may not be the last we hear of the game coming to consoles though. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility for any of the big 3 console makers to simply purchase exclusive publishing rights and be able to claim that their console will be the exclusive one to play the critically acclaimed Gone Home on. I personally hope Sony picks it up because it seems like a really good fit for the Vita.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Want to get the latest gaming news on your phone or tablet? Download the official FanSided App on the App Store or Google Play Market today to stay up-to-date on the latest news and rumors from GameSided without even being at a computer. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to get daily updates send straight to your e-mail.
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact the editor to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: firstname.lastname@example.org.