Initially teased in a phone number tweeted out by the game’s Twitter account, it is now official. Devolver Digital has announced that Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will be released for PC, PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Mac and Linux on March 10th. Pre-orders of the game are now available on the Steam, Humble and GOG storefronts.
It’s important to note that pre-purchasing or preordering Hotline Miami 2 on those platforms will net you a 10% discount, making the price $13.49 USD instead of $14.99. Furthermore, a “Digital Special Edition” of the game is available for preordering at $17.99 USD (regularly $19.99) that comes with a bonus Remix EP that includes several music tracks from the game itself.
More from Indie
- The Witness Is Also ESRB Rated For Xbox One
- Inaugural Emotional Game Awards Dish Out Nominees
- Pat Robertson Proclaims Undertale Evil, Suggests A Wholesome Game
- Coffin Dodgers Heads To Current-Gen Consoles In 2016
- Development Team Formed At Game Jam Enjoys Local Success
More importantly for Dennaton Games, the developer of Hotline Miami 2, is the release date. March 10th will see relatively weaker competition when it comes to competing releases. That’s a hard feat to accomplish in a March release, one that will see launches in the following week from the likes of Battlefield Hardline and Final Fantasy Type-0. Plus, with that $15 price point, there is a much easier barrier for entry for fans to experience a truly authentic top-down 80’s room-crawling shooter.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: email@example.com.