In an official Tweet last weekend, ArenaNet announced the official release date for the upcoming expansion to Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns. The expansion will land on October 23, 2015.
The base expansion will cost $49.99, and includes the core game if you don’t yet own it. There are two special edition packages as well, one at $79.99, and one at $99.99. The cheaper of the two includes an additional character slot, a Miniature Revenant Rytlock, a Revenant Finisher, Modremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration, and a Heart of Thorns Glider Skin. The more expensive includes all that, plus 4000 gems.
You can pre-purchase Heart of Thorns and gain access to all Beta Weekend Events and an exclusive title.
- The base game will be made free to anyone
- Free accounts have fewer character and bag slots
- Free accounts have some chat restrictions: they can only use local chat and whispers
- New whisper conversations may be started no more than once every 30 seconds
- Items may be bought and sold on the trading post
- They may not mail gold or items to other players, trade gold for gems, or access guild vaults
- There are some leveling and PvP restrictions, including characters must first reach level 10 before leaving starting zones, and level 30 before using LFG
Other than that, the game is open for anyone who wants to try it for free. Those restrictions may seem frustrating if you intend to play it seriously, but in that case the game is surely worth the investment. Hopefully this new feature attracts more paying players to the game, and draws them into Heart of Thorns upon its release!
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact the editor to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: email@example.com.