Finally, A Main Series Assassin’s Creed Female Protagonist


Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate will be announced officially tomorrow, as the next big-name entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise and bringing us up to at least four Assassin’s Creed games for 2015 if it is released within the year. The game will take place in Victorian London, but the new locale isn’t the only thing to be excited about.

Kotaku, through an inside source, has revealed that Syndicate will not feature merely one assassin, but two working side by side. You can choose freely which one you will use to explore the map in between missions, and each one will participate in different main story missions. But only is this a duo-adventure…one of the protagonists is, at long last, female.

The brother-sister duo of Jacob and Evie are involved in the criminal underworld of London and will work together to progress through the game’s story…though Jacob will reportedly receive about 75% of the main story missions and leave Evie with the remaining 25%.

This is still a step forward for Ubisoft, who cut out female assassins from multiplayer mode in Unity, and who, though priding themselves on other types of diversity, hasn’t featured a female in a main series game yet, reserving their lady heroes for smaller, less-publicized games. It’s not that Ubisoft is in any way obligated to use female characters as leads in their games, but their response to requests for women has been pretty clumsy thus far.

Of course, after Unity’s messy launch and with the over-saturation of Assassin’s Creed games on the market, it’s fair to be skeptical of Syndicate, two protagonists or not. It’ll be interesting to see what the announcement tomorrow has in store.

More from GameSided

For more gaming news and reviews, follow us on twitter @GameSidedDotCom. To get the latest in gaming wherever you go, download the official Fansided App on the App Store or Google Play Market today!

Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact the editor to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: