What’s new for Xbox One in the month of February?
Today, Xbox app updates should become available to users as they are released; Xbox One updates are expected to drop tomorrow.
A few of my personal update favorite include visible party chats, pins re-arrangement, and joinable friend Twitch broadcasts.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
The first, visible party chats are pretty neat. Instead of joining an ongoing party with a bunch of randoms, now you can see their Gamertag before you venture off into uncharted territories. Also, with the new with the update, pins are a little more flexible. If you press the ‘Y’ button a pin can be moved around and positioned a new location within the section. The last of my favorites is the Twitch broadcast update. If your friend is live broadcasting a game, now all you have to do is click on his/her name, join, and make fun of their gameplay in the comments!
Some other new features on the Xbox One include:
- Improved Gamerscore Leaderboard (compare your Gamerscore with a friend over a 30-day period)
- “New” Feed (new posts now sit atop the activity feed)
- Improved Suggested Friends (catered suggested friends to follow)
- Hide ‘ready-to-install list’ (hide games, betas, trials, and apps)
- ‘Use a code’ shortcut (redeem codes quicker)
- Xbox One hotkeys Chatpad (easier access to apps on the pad)
Here are updates for both the Xbox One and Xbox app:
- Avatar Store (new and old items)
- Xbox News (more Xbox related news)
- Trending items (dedicated section devoted to popular topics across Xbox Live)
- Xbox Accessories app (easier Xbox One elite controller changes)
- Compact mode ( for the app only)
What do you think about the new updates? I welcome the changes, no problem with getting shinier and newer.