If you’re unlike me and have a deep fascination with games merchandising, then PlayStation might have something in mind for you. Today, as announced on the PlayStation Blog, Sony has launched the PlayStation Gear Store. Many of shirts, hoodies, mugs, bags and more are available, branded with some of your favorite 1st-party games.
Pictured above is just one of the many things you can expect in the PlayStation Gear Store, with properties including Uncharted, Killzone, The Last of Us, Infamous, The Order: 1886 and comic/TV series Powers. Mugs fall along the mid-$10’s range, t-shirts roughly cost about $20, posters range from $15-20, lithographs look to be set at roughly $40 and hoodies are a high $60 price. There are a smaller variety of knick knacks, as well, although nothing from the PS4 launch title Knack itself.
More from merchandise
- We’re Giving Away Steam Codes Of Deadly Premonition! (Contest)
- We’re Giving Away Xbox One Smite Beta Codes! (Contest)
- Nintendo Acknowledges Amiibo Shortage, Promises Improvement
- Nintendo’s Supply/Demand Debacle Worsens With Wave 4 Amiibo
- Future Shop Shutting Down, Best Buy Canada Takes Over
As great as some of the comically awkward model poses can be in the PlayStation Gear Store, there are some caveats. For starters, the program has launched in USA and Canada only. Second, for Canadians there is a steep shipping price on their items. It would cost me almost as much money to ship an Uncharted 4 mug to Toronto as it costs to actually buy the mug in the first place. It’s an extra $20 for those hoodies, too, bringing the cost to ~$80 before taxes. Meanwhile, you get expedited and standard shipping options in the States, with about half the price or less of that in Canada.
It’s a soft launch, however, as more properties are promised to get merchandise to buy at the PlayStation Gear Store. God of War, Journey Bloodborne look to be hot ticket items once they become available, if I know the gaming community well enough. PlayStation-specific branding may come at a premium, but if you’re not down to pay hundreds of dollars for novelty or rare gaming merchandise elsewhere, this is a good place to start.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: email@example.com.