A final round of Mii Fighter costumes, including Geno and several Sonic characters, has been announced for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.
It wouldn’t be a Smash Direct without a big pile of Mii Fighter costumes and hats to decorate your Miis with. Not only are they stylish, but they also throw a bone to the franchises that didn’t quite make the cut for full-fledged fighters. Today’s Smash Direct included less new costumes than was perhaps expected, and several we never could have seen coming. Here’s the run-down of what we can expect:
- Geno – Super Mario RPG (Gunner)
- Chocobo Hat – Final Fantasy (Hat only)
- Bionic Armor (Brawler)
- Takamaru – Nazo no Murasame-jō (Sword Fighter Male)
- Ashley – WarioWare Inc (Sword Fighter Female)
- Gil – The Tower of Druaga (Sword Fighter Male)
- Tails – Sonic the Hedgehog (Gunner Male)
- Knuckles – Sonic the Hedgehog (Brawler Male)
It was also noted that if you obtain these costumes by scanning the QR codes on the Smash website, you can also receive Mii Fighters designed to look like the characters the various costumes are based on.
Geno and Chocobo Hat are available for download today, along with the update that adds Cloud to the game. All the rest will be added sometime in February of 2016, and will presumably be part of a bundle pack together. We’ll have to keep an eye out for more information on their projected release date after the new year.