Moments ago, Blizzard unveiled the official cinematic for Warlords of Draenor, the upcoming expansion to the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft. Along with the cinematic, they announced a release date of November 13, 2014 . You can watch the cinematic here:
Blizzard put on a wonderful show, including interviews with Ion Hazzikostas and Brian Holinka about the upcoming expansion. You can watch a video of the entire event with the interviews and trailers here, but here’s a rundown of the most interesting things to come out of that interview:
- Level 90 boosted characters will be eased into the game and their new abilities with starting missions similar to the Death Knight starting quests in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Old character models will be updated to look better than ever.
- Bars have been cleaned up to eliminate unnecessary buttons and redundancy.
- Garrisons aren’t just fluff housing: they are necessary to advance the plot, and many quests will be based on player choices, such as deciding whether to include a lumber mill or stables.
- 6.0 will kick off with a World Event involving the Iron Horde pouring through the Dark Portal into the Blasted Lands and Blackrock Spire, rendezvousing with Zaela from Siege of Orgrimmar. The player is sent to investigate and the first questline is a suicide mission to close the Dark Portal and remove the immediate threat.
- Upper Blackrock Spire will return as an upgraded lv. 100 dungeon. A preview of this for lv. 90 players will be available in 6.0.
- Draenor is beautiful.
- A new pvp area, Ashran, will feature world pvp in the middle and four smaller areas along the outside with regular enemies. These enemies drop Ashran fragments, a special currency used to buy bonuses for your side. Killing other players lets you loot these fragments.
- PvP tomes in Ashran give limited time, epic buffs that vary by class. Paladins can send enemies to prison, priests can levitate above everyone and throw spells around.
Blizzard also unveiled the first episode in its animated lore series, Lords of War. Each Lords of War episode will feature a pivotal warlords who will affect the game’s storyline in a major way. This episode detailed Kargath Bladefist and the origins of the Shattered Hand.
You can watch episode one of Lords of War here:
Excited for Warlords of Draenor? Comment below and let us know! Or follow us on Twitter
Want to get the latest gaming news wherever you may be? Download the official
today to stay up-to-date on the latest news and rumors from GameSided without even being at a computer. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to get daily updates send straight to your e-mail.