And now, after the success in sales since the remake was released, Nintendo is planning on doing more remastered HD games to bring to the Wii U as part of a new “ReUmagined” series for the console.
The rumor, first reported by Paul Gale Network, states that a remake of Super Mario 64 will be the first title released under this new lineup that will supposedly include seven games in all. Details on the plans can be found below.
Details on the reUmagined concept:
– The short development time allows these “big classic” titles to fill the gap in between Nintendo’s original Wii U software.
– Less to fund and fewer people involved means more resources to original titles in development.
– eShop only for $30 per title, reduces risk at retail.
– Wind Waker approach taken in terms of visual upgrades, but “reUmagined” titles will benefit from added content.
Super Mario 64 reUmagined info:
– The classic Super Mario 64 in its entirety is being repainted and brought into HD.
– Two players can control Mario and Luigi, simultaneously.
– Option A gives player one, GamePad control and player two, any other controller option. The camera will follow the brothers as they move throughout the stage, but should they split apart too far, the GamePad user’s Lakitu (camera operator) will only follow that user on the controller’s screen, while the second player’s Lakitu will follow that character on the TV.
– Option B allows two GamePads to be used at once. If the brothers are nearby, the camera will remain the same on both GamePads and TV. If the brothers separate, each player will have his or her own unique camera view on their GamePad, until coming back together. While apart, however, the TV screen can be switched to be mimicking either player one or player two or be a top down perspective, map.
– Online cooperative/counter-cooperative gameplay is present.
– Race to Star, Coin Collector, and other similar modes have been added in to enhance re-playability.
Gamesided has contacted Nintendo about this rumor, and is awaiting response. For the latest on this rumored ReUmagined concept, stay locked in to Gamesided, and follow us on Twitter @Gamesideddotcom.