In an effort to keep you informed of the week’s events, each Sunday we gather the best of what the news had to offer, as well as provide some of our staffers’ thoughts and opinions on what’s going on within the video game industry. It’s the GameSided Recap!
- Nick reviewed NFL Matchups Live, a hot mess of a mobile football card game.
- 2K Drive was also reviewed, a mobile driving game in need of more cars.
- Want to win a copy of NHL 14 for your home console? Click here to learn how!
- Michael continued the now-weekly tradition of simulating the week’s NFL matchups on Madden 25, including the featured matchup between the Giants and the Broncos.
- Daniel introduced the Indie Spotlight feature, shining the light on the cookie incrementer madness that is Cookie Clicker.
- Andrew looks into a rumor that Cortana will be the Windows Phone’s personal assistant rival to Apple’s Siri.
- A bevy of PS Vita news came out of a Sony Japan conference this week, including the reveal of a new PS Vita redesign, PS Vita TV and a 64GB memory card.
- Additionally, the PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan on February 22, 2014. We explored why it is coming to its home country so late.
- Microsoft purchased the domain “xbone.com” after Major Nelson comments about the nickname being, “disrespectful.”
- New details were released about GTA V’s Online Mode.
- NHL 14, Pupetteer and Arma III were just some of the games released this week.
- Steam announced a Family Sharing program this week, with beta testing soon to come.
- NBA 2k14 revealed some new details about Association and MyCareer modes.
- The entry for kids playing mobile games is getting younger.
- Star Wars: Force Collection may have only launched recently, but they have already announced their first event.
GameSided Question(s) Of The Week
Are you planning to pick up GTA V this week? Are you waiting for a next-gen/PC version to be released? Or are you not interested at all?