Nintendo has been going ham this morning with its news announcements. First it was the reveal of the Nintendo 2DS, which will launch on October 20th at a price of $129. Now we receive news that the Wii U deluxe model will finally get a price cut, starting September 20. It will cost $299 at retail.
In addition, Nintendo has announced a Limited-Edition The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U bundle for $299 that will also come out on September 20. It comes with a gold-tinted, Zelda-inspired gamepad, a full download of the game and a digital version of the Hyrule Historia. It is a compendium of the history and artwork of the Legend of Zelda series, including the timeline of the series.
Furthermore, with this promotional bundle Nintendo has confirmed the launch dates of several upcoming Wii U and 3DS games. Previously labeled as coming out in fall or winter of 2013, Nintendo has confirmed the following launch dates:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will release for the Wii U’s eShop on September 20th and in stores on October 4th
- Wii Party U will be released for the Wii U on October 25th
- Super Mario 3D World will be released for the Wii U on November 22nd
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour will be released on the Nintendo 3DS on November 22nd
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will be released for the Wii U on December 6th
Nintendo really wanted to keep all their eggs in one basket and reveal a lot of information at once. If their goal was to generate a lot of buzz or excitement about their company, it’s safe to say that they accomplished their mission.