More from Features
- Top 10 Telltale Games (So Far)
- ComboFiend Talks Tier Lists & Going Pro In Street Fighter V
- Interview With Cissy Jones, Voice Of Delilah In Firewatch
- Super Bowl 50: The Madden 16 Simulation
- GameSided’s Top 10 Game of the Year 2015 List
Every once in awhile, you’ll run up against an Inkling on the opposing team who is so well-matched to you that the game is suddenly instilled with new meaning. Whatever the cost, you must splat this squid. You’ll both stay in the lobby for match after match, constantly pitted against one another, with neither ever quite besting the other. You’ll match this squid kill for kill. You’ll both run into one another with rollers or, in a barrage of ink, splat one another at exactly the same time, only to run back at each other for more.
While not as common as some of the other Splatoon player types, I’ve run into several “rivals” in both types of matches, and it’s quite a thrill. With the absence of voice chat or any way to ping the opposing team, I can only hope the Inkling on the other side of the screen is getting the same kick out of this as I am. Inking a rival is one of the little joys of Splatoon, because in some small way, I feel as though I’m also making a friend.
More from GameSided
- Get Gaming/Video Games News, in the New FanSided Android App
- GameSided Is Moving To The Newly Revamped App Trigger
- Uncharted 4 Delayed Til May
- Heroes of the Storm North America Spring Regional Recap
- No Man’s Sky Pre-orders Up Thursday…Or Not?
Looking to write about video games? Join us at GameSided! Contact me to apply or if you have any inquiries/tips: email@example.com.