Boy, was VGX 2013 a fun night. Nothing says video games like 3 straight hours of pure, unadulterated video gaming PR hype spliced in with intentionally-offsetting Joel McHale (to hilarious results) and a half-hour GTA V music concert to questionable results. Questions like, “Why am I listening to this when you could have announced all the VGX 2013 category winners instead?”
Either way, it’s all over now. If you missed it, here is GameSided’s recap of last night’s event, for your viewing pleasure.
VGX 2013 World Premieres/Exclusive Looks
- Telltale Games was the big “winner” when it came to announcing new games at VGX 2013. They revealed episodic games for “Tales From The Borderlands,” as well as, “Game of Thrones.” That brings their current actively-creating roster of adapted story-driven games from canon books/comics series to an outstanding four.
- We got to see the world premiere of South Park: The Stick of Truth gameplay, even if we were teased with a level back in August at Fan Expo 2013.
- We got the early scoop, before VGX 2013 even started, that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One on January 28, 2014. It includes packed-in multiplayer DLC, costumes and more.
- Cranky Kong will be a playable character in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which will be released for the Wii U on February 21, 2014.
- The makers of Tom Clancy’s The Division brought an engine trailer to show off just how visually impressive they intend to make 8th generation gaming look.
- We got to see a new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at VGX 2013.
- Eidos Montreal was working overtime to bring us Thief content and information, including a new story trailer.
- Hammond Robotics revealed new Titans, both in new trailers; Stryder and Ogre. They will be playable in Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall.
- Bungie made an appearance to show a new trailer for their upcoming sci-fi shooter, Destiny.
- We had the chance to see some new Dying Light gameplay footage from Techland. Can’t believe it is still more than a year away!
- Finally, a story/gameplay look at Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break.
VGX 2013 Award Winners (click each link to see the winner)
- Game of the Year
- Character of the Year
- Studio of the Year
- PlayStation Game
- Xbox Game
- Nintendo Game
- PC Game
- Indie Game
- Handheld Game
- Action Adventure
- Sports Game
- RPG Game
- Best DLC
- Casual Game
- Best Soundtrack
- Fighting Game
- Voice Actor/Voice Actress
- Shooter Game
- Driving Game
Want to get the latest gaming news wherever you may be? Download the official Fansided App on the App Store or Google Play Market today to stay up-to-date on the latest news and rumors from Gamesided without even being at a computer. You can also sign up for our newsletter below to get daily updates send straight to your e-mail. Also, don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter @Gamesideddotcom.
Gamesided is looking for bloggers to join the team. If interested in this unpaid position, please contact Michael Straw at [email protected]