The announcement came alongside the announcement that Detroit Tiger Miguel Cabrera is the cover athlete for this year’s game. There is also a teaser trailer which you can watch below.
- We know how much time and effort our fans put into their Seasons, Franchises, and Road To The Show players. So beginning with MLB 14 The Show, you can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
- Thanks to the power of PS4, MLB 14 The Show is going to be the most beautiful baseball product we’ve ever created.
- For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.
- We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.
- And finally, what makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.
Not much else about the game is known, but it would be fair to assume more news will be coming over the next few weeks to couple of months. What we do know, however, is that it appears, according to the image above, that MLB 14: The Show will be the only next-gen baseball game next year.
For the first three screenshots of the game, check out our Facebook album.
PSA: Gamesided is looking for writers to join the staff as the next generation of gaming approaches. Our writers have to ability to express their passion for gaming to hundreds of thousands of people world-wide audience. They also get chances to review the latest games before they are released to the public. If interested in becoming part of the Gamesided staff, contact Michael Straw at [email protected]!
Also, don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter @Gamesideddotcom.