Here at GameSided we have been simulating the entirety of the playoffs thanks to Sony’s MLB 13: The Show and its new Postseason Mode. We are on fire these playoffs, as we have correctly predicted the winning team in 6 out of 8 postseason series. Check out previous simulations for yourself:
- Cardinals vs Red Sox Game 1
- Cardinals vs Red Sox Game 2
- Cardinals vs Red Sox Game 3
- Cardinals vs Red Sox Game 4
- Cardinals vs Red Sox Game 5
- Reds vs Pirates
- Rays vs Indians
- Dodgers vs Braves
- Pirates vs Cardinals
- Rays vs Red Sox
- Tigers vs Athletics
- Dodgers vs Cardinals
- Tigers vs Red Sox
Tonight’s probable pitchers are Michael Wacha (4-0, 1.00 ERA, 27 IP, 0.70 WHIP) for the Cardinals and John Lackey (2-1, 3.26 ERA, 19.1 IP, 1.09 WHIP) for the Red Sox. The real game coverage starts at 7:30 PM ET tonight on Fox, but we simulated Game 6 with the most recent roster update earlier last night/this morning. Here are the results:
- Carlos Beltran watch: yep, still getting hits. He’s 2-4 in this pivotal matchup.
- Matt Holliday was absent in the hit column for what seems to be the first time in this series.
- Allen Craig has recovered well from his injuries, as he went 2-4 with a solo home run.
- Jon Jay continues to provide the speed on the base paths for the Redbirds. His stolen base help the Cardinals score a run on a single to right field in a situation where he otherwise would not have scored.
- David Freese continued to shrug off his struggles from earlier in the series by going 2-4 with a double.
- The Cardinals needed a strong start out of Michael Wacha, but ultimately he disappointed. He finished only 2 innings pitched and gave up 6 ER on 6 hits, 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- David Ortiz has been as much of an MVP in this series as he has in the real World Series. He finished 3-3 with 2 RBI, 2 runs scored, a walk and a home run.
- Coming back home to the American League helped John Farrell insert Mike Napoli into the starting lineup once more, as he finished 1-3 with a walk, a run scored to go alongside a 2-run home run.
- Jacoby Ellsbury did not get a hit, but his 2 walks helped continue to raise his excellent on base percentage and score a pivotal run.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia had another throwing error in this game, but more than made up for it at the plate. He finished 1-3 with a 2-run home run.
- Mike Carp relieved Jonny Gomes to make an appearance in this series. He promptly doubled.
- In this elimination game, the Red Sox got the best they could out of John Lackey. He bowed out after 8 strong innings in which he gave up 1 ER on 10 hits, 1 walk and struck out 4.
The Boston Red Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 8-3 to win Game 6 and close out the World Series! Barring an actual win by the real-life Cardinals team, we are at the end of our MLB 13: The Show postseason simulations. Otherwise, we will be back again tomorrow with the Game 7 simulation.
PSA: Gamesided is looking for writers to join the staff as the next generation of gaming approaches. Our writers have to ability to express their passion for gaming to hundreds of thousands of people in our worldwide audience. They also get chances to review the latest games before they are released to the public. If interested in becoming part of the Gamesided staff, contact Daniel George at [email protected]!