In an effort to keep you informed of the week’s events, each Sunday we gather the best of what the news had to offer, as well as provide some of our staffers’ thoughts and opinions on what’s going on within the video game industry. It’s the GameSided Recap!
- Daniel looks into the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, a brilliant story based on the “Fables” comic book series.
- Nick speaks with SEGA producer Masayoshi Kikuchi in our interview about Demon Tribe and cross-platform game design.
- As always, Michael simulates this week’s NFL matchups in the Madden 25 Week 7 simulation.
- Should console games be shorter? An interesting take for either side on this topic.
- We have a bunch of Pokemon features in this week’s GameSided Recap. This includes game-specific Pokemon exclusives, new Pokemon, the list of Mega Evolutions, locations of each HM and a look back at 17 reasons why old school Pokemon games were the best (at the time).
- Check out 10 of the funniest, informative and generally awesome Grand Theft Auto 5 videos to hit Youtube.
- Feast your eyes on the visual differences between NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 in their recent next-gen gameplay trailers.
- Solstice Arena makes its recent cross-platform arrival on Steam.
- Kabam updates a bunch of their titles, while revealing a new one in New York City.
- Chris takes a look at the Infamous: Second Son Limited and Collector’s Edition.
- Watch Dogs has been delayed until Spring 2014.
- Marvel announces some upcoming mobile games at New York Comic Con.
- WWE 2K14 Streak Mode has been revealed.
- Pokemon X & Y sells 4 million copies in their opening weekend.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic to receive Galactic Starfighter expansion.
- See what’s in store for Halloween for Guild Wars 2 this year.
- Lego Star Wars may see its way to mobile devices in mid-2014.
GameSided Question Of The Week
Would you rather a game be rushed to completion in time for next-gen console launches, or be completely polished 4-6 months later?