After a short hiatus from the GameSided recap, we are back! In an effort to keep you informed of the week’s events, each Sunday we gather the best of what the news had to offer, as well as provide some of our staffers’ thoughts and opinions on what’s going on within the video game industry. It’s the GameSided Recap!
- Nick takes a look at Dragon Academy and provides his thoughts.
- If mobile train simulations is more your interest, check out this review of Pocket Trains.
- Michael continues the weekly tradition by simulating Week 5 of the NFL season using Madden NFL 25.
- Additionally, we have a Top 10 Sonic Stage music list, counting down some of the iconic series’ tracks.
- With the MLB playoffs into the swing of things, Daniel has simulated each game so far. That includes the Rays vs Indians AL Wildcard, the Reds vs Pirates NL Wildcard, the Pirates vs Cardinals NLDS, the Dodgers vs Braves NLDS, the Rays vs Red Sox ALDS and the Tigers vs Athletics ALDS. So far, our predictions resulted in a 1-1 record in the Wildcards.
- We have the lists of next-gen launch titles for each incoming new console. Here is the PS4 list, while here is the Xbox One list.
- After a next-gen scare by a lackluster trailer earlier in the week, the Madden 25 developers showed off a proper PS4/Xbox One video that properly shows the high-quality improvements.
- NBA 2k14 also released a new trailer the day ahead of its current gen release.
- Dark Souls II beta released in Japan earlier this week, with some of the first expanded gameplay videos hitting the web.
- Famed author and video games collaborator Tom Clancy passed away earlier this week. He was 66.
- October saw yet another Nintendo Direct. We recapped the events, including a Kirby 3DS reveal headed for 2014.
- Even though some of the problems still persist, GTA V has been patched to address some of the pressing GTA Online issues.
- Guild Wars 2 has launched Twilight Assault. Learn more about the event here.
- NBA Jam was rigged! Find out just how in our piece.
- Some indie developers came together to create a sale for their games that don’t happen to be on Steam. It’s called the “Not On Steam Sale.”
- Is there a new Sonic game on the horizon for PS4/Xbox One?
- Speaking of, there will be a new Sonic the Hedgehog TV series coming to the US in Fall 2014.
- The PS4 will also be coming to South Africa and India later this year, bringing the list of 2013 PlayStation 4 launch territories to 40.
- Baldur’s Gate II is coming back as an enhanced version on November 15. Pre-orders are now up.
GameSided Question(s) Of The Week
Will you be making current-gen purchases for cross-gen games? Will you be opting for next-gen purchases only? Will you participate in trade-up purchases? Or do you have no plans to buy anything at all this holiday season?